Saturday, April 2, 2011

PASTA!

One of my favourite dishes that I order when I eat out is pasta. Then one day I thought...."Hey...why don't I try making it instead? I think I can handle it!" and so....
Creamy Alfredo Sauce

Final result: creamy pasta!
and here is the recipe:

1 whole chicken breast cubed
1/2 C chopped carrots, peas, chopped potato
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp pepper, garlic salt, chicken broth mix
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
~3/4 to 1 C milk
1 C pasta (I love rotini pasta ♥)

first boil water to cook pasta, once the water boils place the pasta in and make sure you stir for 1-2 min before turning it down to medium heat so that the pasta doesnt stick to the bottom and burn!
in a non stick pan on medium heat, melt the butter in the pan and place the chicken, garlic, onions, potato and carrots in
once the chicken, potato and carrot is almost cooked, add in the milk and stir, bringing it up to high heat
add the oregano, pepper, garlic salt, chicken broth mix and stir evenly
add the flour a bit at a time to thicken the sauce (if you find it too thick, add more milk, if too thin, add more flour) make sure you stir between adding!!

*notes*: ok so if you find that this recipe isn't creamy enough you can add in parmesian cheese before adding the flour. In the picture, I had no carrots and potatoes (it's still good but having potatoes in this sauce is better)



Here is another pasta experiment:
Cream of brocoli and spam pasta
The sauce is similar to the one above but I used brocoli and spam instead of chicken, peas and carrots. This one has potatoes in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment