Saturday, April 2, 2011

My first food blog!!

Hey everyone!

I initially posted pictures and recipes of food that I made on facebook but a friend of mine suggested that I should start a food blog. So I'm trying it out. I guess I'll start off with a bit about my history and how I came to love cooking and baking. My parents are both chefs and when I was 12, they opened up a restaurant that served Japanese cuisine. After a few years they sold that restaurant and later opened a store that sold Chinese food. When I was 10, my mother had taken baking classes and I tagged along, watching the pastry chef teach my mom various baking secrets and techniques. I guess that was when I started having an interest in baking. My father is a great cook and he did most of the cooking at home. He would ask everyone in the family if there were any particular requests for dinner and he would take everyone's likes and dislikes into consideration....well, most of the time anyway! *cough* I hate mushrooms with a burning passion *cough* He still tries to get me into eating mushrooms even now haha. Anyways, whenever my father goes to the grocery store to buy ingredients, I would always tag along, learning all the secrets in how to choose the freshest fruits and vegetables and how to pick the best fish/meat. Oh, and my family LOVES seafood. Whenever there is a holiday, my parents go all out and plan and prepare food for the whole day and they always include seafood for dinner. I guess with my dad's love of cooking and my mom's love of baking, they both influenced me greatly. I started off by helping my dad around in the kitchen, cutting up vegetables and stocking ingredients to prepare for the dinner rush (when we had our restuarant). I helped out at home too, but what really got me to actually start cooking on my own was when I took a food and nutrition class in high school. After that, I started collecting recipes and creating dishes of my own that I modify from experimenting. Now that I'm in university and live away from my parents, I've been making things more frequently than before. The things that I cook and bake right now are just some fun experiments, I'm not a professional and I'm still learning, but I wish to share some of my experiments and fun stories with you guys. I hope that I can get you guys to love cooking and baking too after reading my blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment